The Kentucky Center presents
Phil Kline’s Unsilent Night
Phil Kline’s Unsilent Night is a free, outdoor participatory sound sculpture. The composition is created when many individuals of all ages simultaneously play one of four tracks on mobile devices played through a roving swarm of speakers carried through city streets.
Participants will meet on the steps of The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts at 6:30PM sharp and make our way around downtown.
How to participate:
-Connect a portable speaker or homemade sound amplifier to your phone, tablet, etc.
-Visit this link http://unsilentnight.com/participate.html to access the four music tracks. If your last name starts with: A - F, download/stream track #1; G-L download/stream track #2; M-R download/stream track #3; S-Z download/stream track #4.
-Meet in front of The Kentucky Center at the date and time above, and off we go!
A few things to keep in mind:
- Unsilent Night: Louisville will not have cassettes or CDs available upon arrival to The Kentucky Center, so if you prefer to use a boombox system, you'll need to handle those logistics in advance of the event.
- Parking is available in the parking garage under The Kentucky Center or in adjacent lots for a fee.
- Hot cocoa will be available for purchase in SCENE at The Kentucky Center before and after the walk.
- It is encouraged to wear reflective gear and/or festive, portable holiday lights or glow sticks.
- By participating, you assume all risk of injuries associated with participation including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, and all other such risks being known and appreciated by you as the participant. By participating, you agree, for yourself and anyone entitled to act on your behalf, to INDEMINFY, HOLD HARMLESS, WAIVE AND RELEASE The Kentucky Center and The Kentucky Center Foundation, its officers, agents, employees, organizers, organizing and promotional partners, representatives, and successors from any responsibility, liabilities, demands, or claims of any kind arising out of your participation in this event.